Saturday, June 26, 2010

2nd Week of June--- 09.06.10

Today was considered a lucky day for me, I visited a couple in my neighborhood to conduct a interview for my project work. Their age were till the extreme, almost 80-90 years old. I saw slight loneliness in them. I can see they are having some troubles socializing, especially when they are the small population of humans in Singapore aged 80-90. The moment we came in, they totally changed. They really loved sharing their stories with us willingly and happily. It really seemed they were younger as so. It seems like the elderly also need a lot of moral support. I also realized that the walking aids width was to big to pass through some places and they need the assistance of holding the wall. Walking aids can be installed in homes of elderly like how the install them in a hospital for weak patients to hold on so just to make sure they remain their balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment